I made a couple of cards with the waste basket rescues from Bev Gerard's WaterStamping Technique. This wet day seems like a perfect time for wet techniques!
The butterfly on this card came from the lightest waterstamp rescue. I stamped it with Versamark then clear embossed it prior to cutting it out.
For those of you who may not know what happened, I threw my first few tries at this technique in the trash then tossed the wet paper towel I was using on top of them. I was going to empty the basket when I spied the two pieces below and decided to rescue them.
It still amazes me that both of these pieces resulted from the same colors that were blended just a bit differently.
You can see the orange on the reverse side of the butterfly.
When it blended with the purple, it turned a pretty pink color.
I used the darker piece for a more dramatic card. I stamped this Rubbernecker Floral #10 simply in black and accenting the flowers with dots of black Stickles.
Supplies: Card 1
Ink - Versamark, Versafine Black
Paper - Neenah; X-press It; Bazzill Linen texture
Other - May Arts silk ribbon; Spellbiners Label die; flower (Michael's)' sewing machine
Card 2 -
Ink - Versafine Black
Other - May Arts Black Twine; black Stickles
Uh, oh...here comes another squall!!