Monday, June 8, 2009

TLC224- Carpobrutus edulis


How's that for name? For this challenge (SCS TLC224 Technique Challenge) we were to choose an image, copy it with the printer onto a transparency in grayscale, then color it from the back side. The flower image I chose was brighter and lighter than my rendition but the lighter colors wouldn't show up on the transparency. I would have to say this is one of the more difficult challenges I've attempted.

I used Prismacolor alcohol markers (similar to Copics) and though they dry fast, the ink still slid around on the transparency. I used an acetate from Papertrey ink. I will definitely try this technique again, perhaps with a different type of transparency to see if there's a difference.

I noticed that the smaller, less complicated images used by a few of the other stampers gave a better result...will try again later.

Give it a try and see what you can do!





Pin It!

No comments: